Publications by Lianfen Qian
- Asymptotic Theory in Probability and Statistics with Applications. Editors: Tze Leung Lai, Lianfen Qian and Qi-Man Shao). Higher Eduction Press
of China (June 2007, ISBN: 978-7-04-022152-7) and International Press (April, 2008, ISBN-13: 978-1-57146-169-8 and ISBN-10: 1-57146-169-8). 533 pages. Publisher's site
Lianfen Qian (1996). Parameter estimation in non-linear time series: Random coefficient and self-exciting threshold autoregressive models. Ph.D. Dissertation, Michigan State University. August, 1996.
- Li, Y.X. and Qian, L.F. Likelihood ratio test for a piecewise continuous Weibull model with an unknown change point. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 412 (2014) no.1, 498-504.
- Zhang, W.; Qian, L. F. and Li, Y.X. Semiparametric sequential testing for multiple change points in Piecewise Constant Hazard Functions With Long-term Survivors, Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 43:7 (2014), 1685-1699.
- Qian, L.F. and Zhang,W. Multiple Change-point Detection in Piecewise Exponential Hazard Regression Model with Long-term Survivors and Right Censoring. Contemporary Developments in Statistical Theory, A Festschrift for Hira Lal Koul,Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, 68 (2014), 1387-1418.
- Long, H.W. and Qian, L.F. Nadaraya-Watson estimator for stochastic processes driven by stable Levy motions. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 7 (2013), 1387-1418.
- Li, Y.X, Qian, L.F. and Zhang, W. Estimation in a change-point hazard regression model with long-term survivors. Statistics & Probability Letters, 83 (2013), 1683-1691.
- Chang, F.Z. and Qian, L. F. Maximum Likelihood Estimator of AUC for a Bi-Exponentiated Weibull Model. ISRN Probability and Statistics, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/965972. 2013.
- Joint with Sara Schesser Bartra, et al. The outer membrane protein A (OmpA) of Yersinia pestis promotes intracellular survival and virulence in mice. Microbial Pathogenesis 52 (2012), no 1. 41-46. Online version
- Qian, L.F. The Fisher information matrix for a three-parameter exponentiated Weibull distribution under type II censoring. Statistical Methodology. 9 (2012) no 3, 320-329. Online access.
- Qian, L. F., Yao, Q. C. and Khoshgoftaar, T. M. Dynamic two-phase truncated Rayleigh model for release date prediction of software.
Journal of Software Engineering & Applications. 3 (2010), 603-609.
- Wang, S.J., Qian, L.F. and Carroll, R.J. Generalized Empirical Likelihood Methods for Analyzing Longitudinal Data. Biometrika, 97 (2010), no 1., 79-93.
- Liu, Z. and Qian, L.F. Change-point Estimation in a Segmented Linear Regression via Empirical Likelihood. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation 39 (2010), no 1, 85-100.
- Heilmayer, O., Digialleonardo, J., Qian, L.F. and Roesijadi, G. Stress Tolerance of a Subtropical Crassostrea virginica Population to the Combined Effects of Temperature and Salinity. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 79 (2008), 179-185.(pdf)
- Diaz, N., Lizardi, H., Qian, L.F. and Liu, Z. The Relationship Between Different Types of Childhood Abuse and a History of Major Depressive Disorder in a Sample of Latino College Students. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment and Trauma, 17 (2008) no. 2, 175-196. (pdf)
Qian, L. F. Piecewise Regression Models: Estimation Theory and Applications. Asymptotic Theory in Probability and Statistics with Applications (Tze Leung Lai, Lianfen Qian and Qi-Man Shao), (2007), 309-341.
- Qian, L. F. and Ryu, S. Estimating Tree Resin Dose Effect On Termites. Environmentrics, 17 (2006), 183-197. (pdf)
Qian, L.F. and Zhuang, H.Q. Performance Analysis for Integrating Biometrics. Proceeding of FCRAR , Miami, Florida, May 25-26, 2006.
Koul, L.H., Qian, L.F. and Surgailis, D. Asymptotics of M-estimators in two phase linear regression models. Stochastic Processes and their Applications, 103 (2003) no.1, 123-154.
- Qian, L.F. and Correa, J.A. Estimation of Weibull parameters for grouped data with competing
risks. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 73 (April, 2003), no.4, 261-275.
Hsu,S., Qian, L.F. and Ilyas, M. An Analytic Study of Two Probabilistic
Models for Establishing Ad Hoc WLANs. Information Technology and Management.
4 (2003), 55-67.
Qian, L.F. and Yao, Q. C. Estimating software project effort using piecewise linear regression models, (with Yao, Q.). Proceedings of The 15th Annual Motorola Software Engineering Symposium (SES 2002).
Koul, L.H. and Qian, L.F. Asymptotics of maximum likelihood estimator
in a two-phase linear regression model. (with H. L. Koul).
Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 108, (2002), no. 1, 99-119.
Austin, F. D., Kaoru Kitajima, Yoshiaki Yoneda and Qian, L. F.. A putative tropical American plant, Ipomoea Nil (Convolvulaceae), in pre-Columbian Japanese art.
Economic Botany 55(4) (2001), 515-527.
Qian, L.F. and Wang, S. J. Bias-corrected heteroscedasticity robust covariance
matrix (sandwich) estimators. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation. 70 (2001), 161-174.
Cai, Z. W. and Qian, L. F. Local estimation of a biometric function with covariate effects.
In Asymptotics in Statistics and Probability -- Papers
in Honor of George Gregory Roussas (Editor: M.L. Puri). (2000), 47-70.
Qian, L.F., Niederhausen, H. and Hsu, S. Application of the occupancy problem to wireless local area network establishments.
Proceedings of the Thirty-First Southeastern International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing (Boca Raton, FL, 2000). Congr. Numer. 147 (2000), 191-200.
Qian, L.F.; Carson,D.; Wood L. and Johnson, C. Analysis of trends in loggerhead turtle (Caretta Caretta) nesting densities along a southeast Florida beach, 1990-1997. Proceedings of the
Nineteenth Annual Symposium on Sea Turtle Biology and Conservation, compiled by Kalb, H.J. and T. Wibbels
U.S. Dept. Commerce. NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-SEFSC-443. (2000), 287-291.
Hsu, S., Qian, L.F. and Ilyas, M. A simulation study of optimal algorithms in establishing ad hoc WLANs.
Book of Extended Abstracts, IEEE International
Symposium on Wireless Communications (ISWC'99), edited by A. Annamalai, Jr. and C. Tellambura. (1999), 51-52.
Ilyas, M., Hsu, S. and Qian, L.F. Performance analysis of algorithms for establishing ad hoc WLANs. Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Communications 1999. 2 (1999), 436-442.
Qian, L. F. On maximum likelihood estimation for a threshold autoregression. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 75 (1998) no. 1, 21-46.
Qian, L.F. Minimum distance estimators for random coefficient autoregressive models.
Statistics & Probability Letters. 29 (1996), no. 3, 251-262.
Qian, L.F. A law of the iterated logarithm for nearest neighbor regression function estimates.
Chinese J. Appl. Probab. Statist. 9 (1993), no. 3, 225-230.
Qian, L.F. Asymptotic normality of double kernel estimators of conditional density with dependent variables. J. Hangzhou University. 18 (1991), no. 1, 7-15.
Qian, L. F. The strong convergence rate of a nonparametric density estimator for dependent
Gaoxiao Yingyong Shuxue Xuebao. 6 (1991), no. 2, 214-221.
Lianfen Qian. Piecewise linear regression model for the world records of 100m race (pdf)
Book Reviews published
- System and Bayesian Reliability: Essays in Honor of Professor richard E. Barlow on His 70th Birthday edited by Yu Hayakawa, Telba Irony and Min Xie, World Scientific, 2001. American Mathematical Reviews.
- Regularized radial basis function networks: Theory and applications by Paul V. Yee and Simon Haykin, New York: Wiley, 2001. Technometrics. August (2002), Vol. 44, No. 3.
- Probability applications in mechanical design by Franklin E. Fisher and Joy R. Fisher, New York: Marcel Dekker, 2000.Technometrics. November (2001), Vol. 43, no. 4, p. 490.
Nonparametric curve estimation: methods, theory and applications by Sam Efromovich, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1999. Technometrics. 42 (2000), pp. 429.
Go to Lianfen's homepage
One night I had a dream. I was
walking along a beach with the Lord,
and across the sky flashed scenes
from my life. In each scene,
I noticed two sets of footprints,
side by side in the sand.
One was mine and one was the Lord's.
When the last scene of my life
appeared before me, I looked back,
and to my surprise, I saw that
during the lowest
and saddest times of my life, there
was only one set of footprints!
"Lord", I cried, "you said that once I
decided to follow you, you would walk
beside me all the way.
But during the most troublesome times
in my life there is only one set
of footprints. I don't understand
why you left my side
when I needed you the most."
The Lord turned and looked at me,
His eyes filled with love,
"My precious child," He said,
"I have never left you.
During your times of trial, where
you only see one set of footprints,
that was when I was carrying you."
A list of major statistics journals ||
Why most published research findings are false?